Sunday, June 04, 2006

Studio...studio...studio...

Yes that's right, I have been working on studio nonstop all day. Well I guess I did run to Delvita (a small supermarket on our circle) to get Coca-Cola Light (I was out!), Apple Juice (so I don't dehydrate myself), as well as a bottle of Voda (no not Vodka, Voda = Water). So here I am sitting at 2am needing a break. And what do I do? I write you guys all a blog. I haven't done anything of interest the past few days, other then stopping myself from tossing my laptop out the window since AutoCAD is giving me a horrid time. Unfortunantly I need to upgrade my laptop a bit and it would probably run more smoothly.

Ok so let's see what of interest has happened. Well on Thursday I, well I can't remember what happened...all my days have seemed to run together. It's a typical end of the school year mess, but I don't have all the other classes hanging over my head, which makes it a little easier. I did take some pics of the sunseting on Thursday...it was raining at the time, but it sure was pretty. I had to IM my friends who have the same view of it to tell them to look at it! :)

So let's see what I can remember, oh yeah I did head out to my site in Old Town on Friday to get some good pictures for my perspectives for my studio presentation. I found another weird bird thing on the corner of a building...it must be like the cows you see everywhere (mental note take more pics of the weird birds, and get some cows so you guys can see them). I'll post them so you can see what it looks like before I put sketches in. It was a gorgeous day! It was taunting me the whole time I was working on Friday, so luckily I got to enjoy it for a bit. I realized when I headed in, it had been way over a week since I have taken the Metro, I usually take Trams.

What else...I did just make it to the printers on Friday they closed at five, my last chance to print off big until Monday, I miss the Plot Club...wait no I don't, I miss Kinkos. I miss my own printer. I also found out you have to sign up early to print off the plotters in the Architecture building and guess what...yep...they were all filled up! So I'm going to have to go to a store that does printing and probably get overcharged for my drawings (I'm definitely not going to print color at the thought of this).

I stayed up really late last night working on studio (with help from my favorite energy drink that I found at Delvita!), the sun started rising way before I went to bed. I got up fairly early and started again. I shouldn't get up before noon, I can't get anything done, I'm more of a night person when it comes to working on projects. So I've been awake since 9am, crawled out of bed at 10am and started work around 1130 after a shower and some grub. Wow what a day I have had! I finally got my existing elevations to the right size, I got all my drawings in, I just don't know which of many ways I want to do my elevations, so I was going to work on some more of those drawings so when I talk to my professor on Tuesday, we can discuss which would be best for my design.

Oh I did find out that there is a FREE program called Google SketchUp...I've used SketchUp in the past. It's a really good 3D modeling program that my college buys licenses to each year, but this version is a free simple version that does everything I want it to do so far. The even greater thing about this is that it allows me to place my 3D models into Google Earth, which is another great program! I can't wait till I put all my projects on the world! ;) So, I've been working on the model more recently, after cleaning up a CAD file to import and trace so I could block it out. Why do you ask I am doing this? I am doing it so I can see the form of my building from views that I took the picturs it just helps for perspective view and my final sketch I do will be more realistic.

Well I think I took a long enough break...back to Google SketchUp and CAD! Ahoj!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mandy,

You must be very, very, busy. Sounds like lots of long hours. You will be ready to party and relax when you get home. I didn't tell you before, but I loved the pirates "getup". It looked like a lot of fun. I'll pray for you and all of your work, that everything will turn out like you want it to.

Love ya,
Nan