Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Petrin Park Picnic

Petrin Park

Today we three, Varie, Hellen and I, went to Petrin Park and had a picnic. We picked up some food and headed to the park. It was a really nice day, although it clouded up a bit (might be for the better since we didn't need to be getting too much sun). I love Petrin Park, I wish I could take it home with me. Where else can you sit and sunbathe and enjoy the beauty of a city like Prague?

Scottish Sisters, Varie and Hellen

After an afternoon of sunbathing, we decided we should get inside for a bit out of the sun. So we headed down to the Canova, or tea house, that I have went to earlier this semester. We all ordered our favorite tea, Chai Tea, and my very first hookab. We all decided on Apple flavor shisha to share and they brought it out to us. Now if you have never used a hookab, it's very simple. There is a bit of water in the bottom of the hookab to filter the smoke that you inhale. The shisha is at the top and you place hot coals over it to heat up the shisha. You inhale, but not into your lungs, the smoke and taste it and then exhale it. It was really good! We all had fun blowing smoke in different ways and it was so relaxing.

Hookab

Me with Hookab

Me and Smoke

Hellen and Smoke

Varie and Smoke

After our tea and shisha, we headed back to the dormitory by way of walking along the Vltava and walking across Charles Bridge. Hellen once again says how Prague is like a fairyland, and I finally get what she means. I have been here for four months, so it all starts to be taken a bit of granted for, but for someone who only gets to come for a couple short trips, I understand it. It is a fairyland, one that I have had the privilage of living in for a very short chapter in the book of life. I have made some really amazing friends here that I hope to keep in touch with, and have some amazing memories that will make me smile when I think back about the fairyland that I lived in. Well we are heading down the the pub for some drinks. Ahoj!

No comments: