Thursday, June 29, 2006

My Last Blog from Europe

Guten Tag! (Good Day!)

Ok, so today will mark an end to a lot of things. It is my last blog for MandysCzechExperience (well there might be one more after I get home, but we'll have to wait to see). It is though my last Blog from Europe. It is my last day in Europe. I have learned a lot these past few months and I guess a change of scenery has made me look outside the box. I was so comfortable where I was back at home, but things change, but then sometimes things don't change too though, after all my homesickness over the semester I have to say I am ready to come home. I can't wait to see all my family and friends back at home. I've missed them so much! My flight is on Friday the 30th of June at 11am Central European Time from Berlin's Sconefeld Airport and I'll be coming by way of Dublin, Ireland, Chicago, Illinois and finally Kansas City, Missouri (KCI). My flight from Chicago was pushed back a lot, so I won't be getting in at KCI until really late 11pm Central Time (wow never realized I was in two different central time zones, this is a first). I'll be heading back to Manhattan on Saturday to move stuff out of storage into my apartment. It's going to be so weird going back there. After so long, I'm coming home. I then will be heading out to my Nan's farm for the Fourth and of course a celebration of me coming home! I'll celebrate it with you all in Manhattan the following weekend! I want to thank eveyone that has helped me a long the way over the semester. My parents for all the support they have given me (including the finacial) and the love across the miles. All my other family who has given me support and more love across the miles. My friends taking care of my apartment for me and giving me support as well (oh and don't forget the love as well...everyone loves me, how can you not ;) ). Wow I'm thanking eveyone for giving me suport, but it's hard being a million miles away from all you know. I've really growned up this semester (wow never saw that coming), I am still the same Mandy, just a bit older and wiser; I'm sure you'll all see a change in me. I'm sure a lot of things have changed back at home, and I'll adjust to those, just as I have adjusted to being overseas. I do want to thank also my friends that I acquired during my study abroad experience, you guys were amazing, and I know we'll all meet again one day (can anyone say "Mandy is treating herself to a trip to the UK after she graduates?"...plus it's so much easier in this day and age to keep in touch, thanks to the internet).

Well today I have a lot planned, I'm going to be heading to the airport to drop off some of my luggage in a locker. This makes my trip tomorrow morning easier with less luggage on the metro system here (no more going up and down stairs too many times, although the kindness of strangers is always nice to see). I then have to move to my new hotel for the night. The one I am staying at didn't have room tonight, maybe it has something to do with the World Cup, I haven't really mentioned it too much, but it's a BIG thing right now in Berlin (although I knew that in Prague as well, it's just 10 times worse though here). I then plan on exploring some of the area around where my new hotel is. There is a few things I would like to go see, and I might even go to a Natural History Museum, since I never made it to the one in Prague (I have never seen a dinasaur skeleton, I've always wanted to though!). Then I'm meeting Kate at 7pm at Alexanderplatz (yeah a friendly face on my last night in Berlin!) and we are going to get dinner and hangout. Ok, well I will post pictures from my whole trip after I get home, I started to upload them and you can find a few days on the right -> under Berlin, but I will put pictures and fun captions on each day (including today which will just be a day of pictures and no blog) and a few of the last ones in Prague. Well I should go and get around, finish rounding up my stuff and head to Sconefeld with some of my stuff! I can't wait to see you all again!

Tschuss! (See You!)
Big morgen! (Until Tomorrow!)

Yes that is right I did pick up on more German in the few days I have been here, then I could with Czech...but then again I do have the German blood in me! I have to say I almost understand what people are saying around me, but that might be a bit of a stretch, we'll see!

***will post pics later

No comments: