Wednesday, June 21, 2006

My Last Wednesday in Prague

Well today I haven't went out to see much. I had to finish packing, so I knew for sure I could fit it all in, or else put it in my box that I was going to ship or get rid of something. If I haven't mentioned this, I have to send stuff by post since one my suitcase received some damage on the trip over and two I'm going to berlin and really can't be handling all my lugage. I had to run to buy packing tape to Andel and realized it might be my last time in this chapter to go down that way. It's been one of my favorite shopping spots and movie going places. I came back and finished going through stuff and didn't have to trash anything. I was pleased and then I finished taping up my box. My friend Michal went down to the Post Office (Posta in Czech) to speak Czech for me and to find out how much it would cost and how long. I was glad he was there! He was a great help! I found out it will only take six weeks to get home (I was shocked, thought it would take longer) and it will arrive at my Nan's so I can pick it up later this summer. I paid 1500 Kc for the 17 kg it weighed (heavy winter clothes, but it wasn't too bad luckily I guessed about 15 Kg, so we just a bit off). Afterwards I headed back and sorted through stuff a bit more, I have to do laundry so I'm going to have to empty the smaller suitcase (that is filled with everyone's gifts) to do laundry one morning. Well I'm going to relax a bit, I'm just really tired, probably because it's been so hot and humid here and I don't have the convience of air conditioning in the Czech Republic (but then it's too expensive at home, so I really don't cool my apartment much either). Ahoj!

My box I'm shipping and my attempt to start packing.

No comments: