Friday, June 16, 2006

Finishing a Chapter in Life

Ok, so yesterday turned out to be a great day. James, Iain, Larua, Kate and I all decided to go to the swimming pool for the afternoon. Unfortunantly the water was really cold and the sun decided to go behind the clouds, but it was still fun, it's really the people that make things like that worth while.

What we walked through on the way to the pool.

Down the path towards the pool.

Last night we ended up going to Letna Park to the Metrodome (that's right a huge statue that is a metrodome, lil thing that keeps time for piano players) that looked out over the Prague with friends. It was a great night, the temperature was just right where you didn't need a jacket, the stars could barely be seen over the glow of the city, and the moon started to rise through the clouds in the distance. People had beer, hard liquor and Sangria to drink while viewing the beautiful city below. I again think how Varie's wee sis is right, Prague is a fairyland. It does have it's ups and downs at times, but don't all fairy stories have good and bad in them? We all just sat there with the amazing view of the city visiting inbetween the thoughts that provoked different conversations.

Looking over the Vltava River.

Moon rising over Prague.

Looking down a street towards Old Town.

I have to say, most of us are more then likely to go home, but to end this chapter in our life is going to be "bitter sweet". I know that I have said it a million times before, but these last four months has given me so much and I although I want it to continue as the old saying goes "all good things comes to an end". But it's not really "the end" it's not really "goodbye". It's not that friendships and relationships that people create just die away, people have to let them do that. People have to work to make something they think is worthwhile to last. I know I'm going to keep in touch with all my friends that I have made here in Prauge. I know that most of my friends feel the same way, so it shouldn't be too hard. If we all keep up with blogs and get to instant message once in a while, we will all get to keep our new friendships we've come to acquired. I know that Iain and James has been plotting ways to kidnap me and bring me back to Scotland with them, and I'm sure Varie would have a hand in it as well. So if I go missing, you'll all know where I'll be :) Iain was telling me last night I could atleast put up a bit of a fight for show and I just laughed. I am honored to know that I have such good friends that would not want to let me go so easily, but unfortunantly life pulls me back to my family, friends, and school that I left behind four months ago. I have a year left to finish my Bachelors in Architecture at KSU, and a year to make memories with all my friends that will be moving on in a year. In a year, I'll be able to make my first trip to the United Kingdom and see all my friends that I have made here, which will be my reward for finishing five hard years of Architecture School at KSU. In a year I'll be going to a Graduate's School to get my Masters in Architecture (I just don't really know the "where" yet). I have so much to look forward to in the next year, and I can't wait to live through it all. Well I have like a million things to do today and I should finish getting around and get to doing them. I can't believe I have a little over a week in Prague, in two weeks I'll be on an airplane flying home, and that I'll start the next chapter in my life. Ahoj!

No comments: