Saturday, June 24, 2006

Saying Goodbye

Ok so I am not good at saying goodbye, I’m actually a crier when it comes to it. It was so hard to say goodbye to everyone before I left to go home, who knew that it would happen again four and a half months later. On Friday I had a fairly busy day with getting my room checked out by the lady in charge and I had to say goodbye to Ben, who was leaving for England. I then spent the rest of the night working out Berlin plans. I found a website that had a lot of museums and places to go to that included prices and directions. I was lucky to find it! So I started to get around for going out for the night, my last night to go out in Prague, and we decided to go to Futurm (almost like Lucerna, but smaller and a little nicer). I have never went, but Varie vouched for it, so we decided to give it a go. We headed out at about 1130 and arrived at the club. It was really nice, I had an amazing night and wish we had tried to go to this one sooner, I would have probably went to it more then Lucerna. We got home as the sun was rising and I went to bed thinking, this is going to be a short night.

Lucas (Czech) and Varie (Scottish)

Anna (Russian) and Anton (Russian)
The cutest couple I have ever met.

Ben (American) and Iain (Scottish)
Iain is enjoying his ham.

Me and James (Scottish)
James is so funny sometimes, he practically was sitting on my lap for this pic!

Me and the crazy Czech drunk!

I got up 4.5 hours later to say goodbye to Prague. It was an amazingly beautiful day outside, a bit warm, but sunny and breezy. I got around and decided to have lunch in town at a Czech Pub that I have been to a few times before and liked the food and prices. It was near Old Town, so after my lunch of Czech Gulas and beer, I headed towards Old Town for one last time (at least on this trip). I decided to go up Old Town tower since I haven’t done that yet.

Mmmm...good Czech beer!

Old Town Hall Tower

Going up? I took the ramp up, but thought this lift was interesting!


Me at the top of Old Town Hall with Prague Castle in the far background.

I then headed to Charles Bridge one last time (at least on this trip…ok you are going to be sick of hearing that) and went up its tower as well and took some pictures of the bridge from above. I then crossed Charles Bridge wondering when I’ll get to do this again. I then headed below Charles Bridge to take a picture in my most favorite spot in Prague.


Old Town side of Charles Bridge

On the way up the tower.

Looking down on Charles Bridge.

Me and Charles Bridge.

Street performers on Charles Bridge.

Statue on Charles Bridge and Prague Castle.

Lesser Town side Charles Bridge tower gate.

How I knew Charles Bridge was in the movie Omen.

Also this view as well (it's just not raining here).

One of my favorite places to take pictures, right under Charles Bridge.

Wedding pictures being taken with Charles Bridge in the background.

Afterwards I wander my way towards Malostrenska. I went up to Prague Castle by way of the Pedestrian Tunnel and then visited a couple of the gardens that I haven’t seen yet before heading to the castle. I decided I needed one more go of St. Vitus Cathedral and the Palace, but was shocked at how packed and loud it was, so made a quick walk through and left. I wish it wasn’t so, I really wanted to enjoy my last day here, but I decided I would just remember how it used to be. I walked down the castle stairs and towards the a garden I once stumbled across. I took a few pictures and walked around before heading to Malostrenska Namesti.

Tram going towards Lesser Town, and St. Vitus up on the hill in the background.


Path towards the Pedestrian Tunnel.

Pedestrian Tunnel

A greenhouse near the gardens.

Prague Castle Garden

More of the garden.

Castle Guard

First courtyard in Prague Castle.

Looking up St. Vitus Cathedral.

St. Vitus Cathedral rose window.

St. Vitus Cathedral apse.

Fountain in second courtyard.

Inside Prague Castle.

Another view in Prague Castle.

Another Castle guard.

Looking over Lesser Town.

Can you find the American flag?

Going down the castle stairs.

Another palace garden.

I went and picked up subway sub (half for dinner tonight and the other for the train ride tomorrow) and hopped on the 20 Tram to go home to get around for church. I got around and went back to Malostrenska Namesti and attended mass for the last time at St. Thomas (at least on this trip) in the chapel where the have mass on Saturdays. After mass I said goodbye to father and had him bless a rosary I bought when I went to South Moravia earlier this semester. I then headed back to the dormitory for dinner, my last trip on the 20 Tram.

St. Nicholas Church in Lesser Town.


Lesser Town

Last view of St. Thomas Church.

A new monument they just finished up a couple of weeks ago.

I ate dinner then went for a few drinks with my flatmates and the Scottish boys at a nearby pub. I don’t know how the time got so late, but I ended up getting to bed around 2am. Boy is this going to be another short night, I hope I can sleep! Dobrou noc.

Drinks with my flatmates...Nastyia (Russian), Paula (Spanish), Lenny (Dutch), Me, and Varie (Scottish).

No comments: