Saturday, June 10, 2006

BYOBBQ!

Well last night we had a BYOBBQ (Bring Your Own Bar-B-Que) in a late celebration of Kate's Birthday. Or as Kate and Laura kept calling it, a Garden Party (Brittish term for BBQ). We all had an amazing time cooking food on the grill, drinking spirits and beers, making balloon animals, and enjoying friends' company. We then headed to Lucerna to dance the night away!

Iain (Scottish) was the Bar-B-Que Grill Man of the night!

Mmmmmm..Shish-ka-babs (spelling?)...The person that
taught me how to make these, taught me well!

Keep those Charcoal hands to yourself!

Some Brits...Kate, Laura, Ben, and Ben's friend (can't remember his name)

The Brithday Girl with her balloon flower!

James (Scottish) making balloon animals...
said he knew how because of a miss spent youth.

I got a giraff!

Jen (Scottish) is James' flatmate back
home and is visiting for the weekend!

Ben (Brittish), Laura (Brittish), and Reno (Canadian)

Lucas (Czech) hiding behind Varie (Scottish)

OH Kate, your flower got popped!

OK well here are some "Yankees" as my Brittish friends
all call them...I was told I was a Brit at heart :)
Landon, Ben, Allison, MacKenzie and Kelly
(she's visiting after her studies in Italy)

Too many people to name...but let's just say, more BBQ fun!

I had to say goodbye to the second person that I have befriended here that is leaving Prague. On Thursday I said farewell to Jim, who was going back to France for the summer holidays. Jim is a great guy that I met through Alex, who is an Engineer from KSU, and who I met through St. Thomas Church (I missed saying bye to him, he left today to meet his family and travel Europe for two weeks). Last night I had to say good bye to Laura, who is also an Engineer from KSU and I also met Laura through St. Thomas Church. She is the flatmate of a couple KSU Architecture girls and my British friends' Laura and Kate. I'm glad that a few people that I have made friends with while in Prague can continue back at good 'ole KSU. I'm going to miss everyone here so much. But I know we all can't just stay in Prague, although a few people joked about it. This is a time of my life that will bring a smile on my face when I remember the time I spent in Prague and the people I encountered. Ok, this is not the time or place to be doing this, I still have two weeks to enjoy of Prague and I don't want to waste a minute of it. Be prepared for seeing old things you've seen before (but in a summer atmosphere...aka Tourists!) and things that I haven't gotten a chance to do yet! I'll also be doing some special blogs, and you'll just have to wait to see those! Ahoj!

No comments: