Monday, June 12, 2006

Movie Night

Well today after attending church, eating Bohemia Bagel for lunch (yummy! I had BBQ pork sandwhich), and going to take Jenn to the airport and picking Varie's lil sis, Hellen, up, we decided a movie would be a good night spent (after the long weekend or week everyone's had). We decided to go see Omen, which I have never seen the original too (and found out there are a couple other ones to the series). I love scary movies! I don't know if it's the suspense, or the thrill of it, or what, but I do enjoy them a lot!

Bohemia Bagel (aka American Food at Prague's Best!)

Prague Airport, I really liked the trusses...they were HUGE!

I thought this movie was pretty good, the suspense was decent enough to make me jump a few times (I know if I watched it with a certain someone would have jumped many more times) and that it wasn't too gorey which never makes a horror film good, just gross (although a few I do like because of the old class to it and the crappy special affects like the Evil Dead series). So overall I enjoyed it, but must watch it again when I come home, or it comes out to dvd (since we didnt' understand the begining with the Italian they spoke and subbed in Czech!) Oh but very good exciting news! They tried to hide the fact that this film was filmed in Prague! Yep that's right, they tried to hid it, but not too well for us who had spent four months here! In the scene in the rain and the bridge, that is Charles Bridge! It's near one of my favorite spots! The stairs that lead up to the bridge, the symbol on the wall of the bridge, also gives away that is it Charles Bridge. Also in car scene you can see a sign in the background that is definitely not English, most people won't pay attention, but it's in the language I've grown used to seeing around (although I didn't catch what it really said to translate it). Another scene in the tunnels in Jeruselm is acutally at Vyshrad that I've been to, but not in the tunnels! So with that, I enjoyed it, if you enjoy a good scare of suspense, you might like it as well. I better head to bed, pretty tired and have lots to do tomorrow...I have to pin up my drawings for studio and we are going to Prague Zoo! Ahoj!

Image from yesterday that I made for a background.

No comments: