Monday, June 19, 2006

My Last Sunday in Prague

Well today was an eventful day. Since we got back at 5 am (yes I know what you are saying, but we didn't go out until midnight) I ended up sleeping in a bit. Last night we went to the Chateau and had some drinks and danced. It was Laura and Kate's last night out, since they are going to Croatia on Tuesday and a lot of us will be leaving before they come back next week. Along with Laura and Kate, Kate's friend Lucy who was visiting, Iain, Ramone, some of the Americans, and Ben showed up later after his long train delay all went out last night. It was fun, and on the way home on the Tram we sall the cutest little yellow labador puppy! I so wanted to call it over, but I didn't want to make the owner mad. But Laura and I just sat there talking about how cute it was over and over and over. So after getting back I went to bed and as I said slept in a bit because of the late night.

I didn't know what I wanted to do off my list today really, I had six different things I would like to do before I leave Prague, and I had seven days to do it. Then I happened to be talking with my friend Laura, from England. She was asking what I was up to, I told her not for sure. She said she wanted to go buy souveniors and I said that sounded like a great idea, I have bought some, but not all. So we got around and headed out. I haven't really been in town during the day since we have hit tourist season, boy is it busy! It was a fun afternoon to spend with Laura looking at all the interesting souveniors we could buy. I did get a couple things for me (you guys won't find out what I got for you, they are surprises, but I bought a deck of playing cards that has an old picture of Prague painted on it, an English version of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (I'll get the other books next summer when I go visit them all in the UK) and a book called The Czechs in a Nutshell, which I was told to buy after I've studied here in the Czech Republic. I can't wait to read the books, I've missed reading Harry Potter before I went to bed, I can't even remember the last time I did that, and hopefully the other book will let me have a lil insight about the Czech people and why they are the way they are. After crossing Charles Bridge thinking how it might be Laura's last time in this chapter of her life, we headed to the tram stop.

We headed back to the Koleji and rounded up people to go out to eat at Bohemia Bagel as a final dinner with all of us together. I don't think we'll ever all be together again, we may see pieces of each other, but not the whole shebang. I'm going to miss everyone, it's been a great four and a half months. After dinner, we headed back to the koleji and watched the Divine Sectrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood, which no one had seen yet, well besides me. I love the movie, it has a great story of how friends help eachother out at times of need. I have had that a lot this semester with all the good friends I have made here. I know I'll have all my friends back at home as well, who will be there for me. I know the change will be hard on me when I come back, but that's why you have friends and family there for you, to help you along. Well I should get to bed, have lots to do tomorrow, including getting my final mark in studio at 4pm (wish me luck!). Dobrou Noc... Good Night!

No comments: