Sunday, May 21, 2006

Roses


Ok so I am actually working on homework, but I decided I would share a bit of interesting information that has put me in a working mood. I went to Church this morning as always (it happened to be Confirmation Sunday, so chuch was a bit long), but I found out that they were giving roses out at the end. I wasn't for sure why, and they ended up giving me two, and I got a little card with a saint on it. The saint is Saint Rita of Cascia, and they actually have an altar dedicated to her in the church, so that is why they celebrate it in this special way. It turns out that she had a long hard life, with a call to be a nun, but was betroved to an abusive man and lived with it for almost two decades. Near the end of her life, a visitor from her home town asked if she'd like anything. Rita's only request was a rose from her family's estate. The visitor went to her home, but being January, knew there was no hope of finding a rose, but there sprouted on an otherwise bare bush, was a single rose blossom. Because of the events of her life she is the parton of desperate, seemigly impossible causes and situations.

Ok I don't know if I am really a lost cause, but I do know that I haven't done anything in almost one and a half weeks, I have deadlines approaching, I haven't really been enjoying Prague recently, and I have no motivation to really do anything. Now that the fact that I had been introduced to a Saint that is for lost causes (I am pretty much a lost cause since I just don't know what to do anymore) it was a real awakening for me. I can't let myself become a lost cause, I just can't. School is way to important for me to let that happen, and I definitely want to enjoy my last five weeks (yes I said five weeks) in Prague, and my final week in Berlin. So this is it, I am going to be working double time on trying to get my projects up to par and done. The sooner I get everything done, the sooner I can enjoy my last few weeks in Prague and Europe.

Also if I keep myself busy, I won't have time to dwell on all the jumbled mess in my head and maybe "Smiley Mandy" will be around a bit more. I can't do much about the jumbled mess in my head anyways, since it can't really be resolved until I come back home. And even though I don't like to regret things, and I try not to, I don't want to regret letting this jumbled mess do just that. Well back to CAD! Ahoj!

No comments: