Monday, May 15, 2006

Awakening


Well today I woke up really early, didn't want to, but the habbit of getting up early over the weekend did put me in the groove of it (I did have an early night I guess last night as well). I just didn't acheive much today, I don't know why. I had plans to do this or that, work on homework (which I am going to do after I do my blog for the weekend), but I just don't know. I felt a bit ill today, but then I might just be tired from traveling over the weekend. I went out to get a break from the room and walked around a bit for a while. It didn't help much, I came back and washed my clothes from the weekend (Lenny had a laundry key) and then thought about taking a nap. I laid down with Pirates of the Carribean on and just couldn't sleep.

I really can't believe that classes are almost done. My last photography class in next Monday. I have to turn in my drawings at the end of the month for my Figure Drawing class. I also have sculpture and Art in Architecture that is due sometime at the end of the month. On top of all of that I have studio, it's not too bad. I have my design pretty much approved with a few tweeks, but overall just have to put it in the computer (it's due June 12th). So much is going on, I should be doing my work. But I just can't get the energy to work, but maybe it's just I am still tired from the weekend and it will be better tomorrow. I don't know. I'm going to try to work on it some tonight, but we'll see. I want to go to the PM Bar on Wednesday night for sure, so I need to get stuff done before then. It's the last country presentation, including all my UK friends :) along with Poland and Slovenia. I can't wait for the farewell boat party next week to, it should be so much fun dressing up like pirates and cruising up and down the Vltava with all my friends.

With all the buzz of final this, and classes end this, I realize that I'm coming home so soon! I have missed home for so long, and I didn't handle it very well at all. Once I get home, I'm afraid so much is going to have change, including me. I'm still the same old Mandy who turns pink during certain discussions and who still can't feel her nose when she has had too much to drink, but I've grown a lot too, mostly for the better. I've learned that even though the world treats me like crap at times, sometimes I just can't do anything about it. I've learned that I can always make new friends, when I thought I would never do it again (I didn't think about when I was finished with school, but it has made me realize it's just a repeating cycle, and I always end up falling in the group that is just weird at heart, just like me). I've learned that there is so much more outside of the world then Kansas, the midwest, or the United States, I never knew how big the world really was. I didn't realize how much I would miss Kansas though, and I do. I miss everything about it. I'm sure I'll miss Prague for many reasons, but never as much as I do home and the ones I left behind. Well time to work on that blog from the weekend and then to do some homework. Ahoj!

No comments: