Thursday, May 11, 2006

Cheering Me Up :)

I have been very fortuant to have found such good friends here, while I'm studying abroad. They have all been real gems of helping me through it hard time that I have come to face. It will just take time, but in the mean time, I'm going to try to not let it ruin my last six weeks in Europe. I still have a lot of Praha to explore, Czech countryside to try to get to, and maybe even a trip outside the Czech Republic, including my final trip and farwell from Europe when I go to Berlin.

Last night a bunch of us, in preparations of looking for pirate costumes for our farewell boat party, watched Pirates of the Carribean (Depp is such a hottie!). It was a great time, being with friends and we laughed and talked until four am. I may have been very tired, since I was in such a state that day, but definitely was in a better mood when I went to bed. I snuggled up with my new teddy bear named Nicholas, since he is nickerless (has no pants, just a shirt), Laura did a great job naming him.

Ben, Ben...he said something about him and his Witches (maybe it
was with a B instead)...I think he's out numbered here.

Uhoh...Iain is asleep on my bed...awww ain't he cute?

Ben making a face.

Me and my mates...it's fairly late...but they kept
with me into the wee hours of the morning.

Dogpile on sleeping Iain.

That doesn't look right.

Today a bunch of us went up to Vltavska open-air-markets and some inside cheapie stores and got our stuff, to find stuff to make up our pirate costumes (don't I make a cute pirate!?!) for our farewell boat party. I bought a shirt that I could even wear on a normal day, some great piratey jewelry at a really cheap store (maybe the most expensive as $2), a bandana like scarf to wear on my head (we decided we'd braid our hair in tiny braids for the night), a leather bag/purse that I can use other things as well, and the most expensive is the skirt I got, which was really not too bad in itself. I even got a knife, well it's not a knife, but a lighter, but it looks like one (I wanted a real one, so did Laura, but we were afraid they wouldn't let us on the boat)! I know I have already said it, but I'm really fortunant to have such a great group of friends here while I've been abroad, they have been very supportive of me in my time of need (and I know all my friends and family back at home will do the same!). I have a night full of Dane Cook, a great American comedian, to watch and my roomie is making Tablet (some really great Scottish sweetie). Ahoj!

My really kewl knife :)

The handbag I found.

No comments: