Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Wandering Praha

I have been by this door many times on the way to church, but it has never been open, so I decided to take a peak and see what was inside.

I was surprised to see this is what was behind the door and walls that follow the road, an early mannerist or early baroque garden, modeled after Italian gardens.

This place is called the secret or secluded garden.

The Grotto (Dripsone Wall)
Fountain named Venuse.

Make a wish!

Who would of thought you'd find a peacock in the middle of Praha?

I have never heard of a white peacock, but it has to be, see the funny feathers on it's head?

Fountain named Herkules s Kentaurem.

Fountain on a little lake named Herkules Bojujici s Drakem surrounded by Najady.

Look at all the goldfish!

Feel like a boat ride?

I think I have one of my favorite spots in the city.

Do not...

Church of St. Nicholas

Church of St. Nicholas' apse.

Look at that dome!

I love this ceiling!

Another view of the dome.

Niche off of the aisle.

Pews illuminated.

Back of the Church.

Going up?

Pedestrian Tunnel

Looking up...

American Embassy

Church of St. Nicholas from Petrin Hill.

No comments: