Saturday, April 15, 2006

Bílá sobota

Well today is Bílá sobota, or Holy Saturday. I'm so excited about tonight's Easter Vigil! It may be in English, Czech, and Spanish, but it's ok, it's not everyday you get to go to a special mass in Praha!

Vanessa arrives in an hour and a half! I'm getting ready to leave to head to the train station to find a the Bankomats (atms) and the office where you can buy three day metro/tram passes.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Adventure in Trains, Metros, and Crowns

Well Vanessa and Gunnar got off a stop to early, so we ended up at two different train stations. I didn't know that at first, so I was looking all over for them. When we figured out what was going on, I hopped on the metro and took three stops to where they were. I got Vanessa and Gunnar three day metro passes and we headed towards their hostel. Unfortunantly I forgot they had to stamp them (I have never used these passes, since I have a student one) and we ran into the Czech Transportation checkers and they started telling us that they arent' stamped, or valid. And it's a 500 Kc fine each, well we told them we had no crown on us, and went up to the exchange office to get crowns. They ended up only getting charged once (500 Kc is about $40). I found out though that it's $100 if you forget your pass in Denmark, and it has happened to Vanessa only once. So she said it was no big deal, but I still felt bad! We finally made it to their hostel, which was really nice! They unloaded their stuff, and we snacked on a Dunkin Donuts (yeah for Germany!). We then headed out the the Chinese place that I ate at a two weeks ago, and had dinner (three of us for $10, not bad). We then headed out, and split up. Vanessa and Gunnar went to take a nap, while I go to church and they are going to meet up with me afterwards at the end of the metro stop to use my laptop. Well should get around for church, meeting in 30 min!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Easter Vigil
Tonight's Easter Vigil was a very long mass. I think the most part of why it was long (3 hours or just a little over) is because they combine the English, Czech, and Spanish communities together for it. It was mostly Czech, which I didn't mind, but I'll sure be glad to have my English masses back. Kate attended Church with me, she was glad she did (although I told her it would only be a couple of hours and it was three!). Well should head to bed! Ahoj!

Easter Fire in Monestary Courtyard

Monestary Courtyard

St. Thomas Church at Easter Vigil

No comments: