Monday, April 03, 2006

The Arts of Life

So today I had an early morning, and I went to attempt to take some beautiful shots of the Architecture and Engineering Building. It's pretty hard to do so, though, most of it's under construction work and remodeling, and is plain and all. I really like the atrium space between the two, but it's still not that artistic. So I took some interior shots, and exterior shots hoping that I will have enough to show my teacher later in class. I went to class and showed my teacher my pictures. He said some were good, and that I should take some of my previous work and the new pictures and either do a board of all of them, or two panels. I'm not really for sure what he wants, but we'll see what I can come up with.


Studio went well likewise. I brought my new sketches of forms in plan and elevations, and my teacher is like ok do this one (showing me a plan) and do schematic floor plans and do some cross-sections as well so you know how it will work. He also stated to start to work with models in three dimensions in a massing form. So I have a lot on my plate for Thursday, but if I do a little each day, I should be fine (time to get down and do it, I'm a little glad work is picking up some).

So far I have mentioned two arts in my life, one being Photography which is very artful, and the other architecture which is living art. Most of my classes are a form of art, which I love. I also enjoy other arts as well. After my classes today, a few of us went to go see about buying some tickets to see a ballet. I have never attended a ballet, but I always have wanted too. We went to the ticket box office and found out that the show we wanted to see was sold out for Thursday, but there was some tickets for the Saturday showing of the some ballet. Well one of us couldn't make it for Saturday, but he said it was fine if the other three of us went. So we bought three tickets (which are separate from each other, but wait till you here where they are) to see Swan Lake. The tickets, which were 250 Kc each, are balcony seats (yes, nice balcony box seats!). Behind the front row is one chair, which I find odd, but that is what was available, so I will take it! So, unfortunately we are sitting all by ourselves, but at least the three boxes are next to each other. It will be lots of fun, and now I can say I went to the ballet and sat in box seats! We also got another great deal on another ballet. We got student discount tickets (which is 50% off normal prices) for seats in the gallery (fairly high up, not the very top, but close to) to see Raymonda. Unlike Swan Lake, I never have heard of this ballet, but by the sounds of the description would be a nice one to attend. The ticket price (for the last four seats in the house) was only 30 Kc (60 Kc, but with the ISIC card was half price). We decided since they were so cheap, and it sounds good, we would give it a go.

No comments: