Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Terrific Tuesdays

Well today I ventured out to Vltavska Openair Markets with Laura and Varie. Basically it's like a huge flea market with many booths and stalls of cheap interesting things. It was such a lovely day for it, a bit of a chilly wind, but extremely sunny, except for the occasionaly cloud. I was basically looking for a shaw to wear with my lovely dress to the ballets. The first stall I rummaged through I found it! I beautiful sequenced see through black shaw. So, I found what I was looking for, but we continued on looking at all the random things (mostly knock offs) we could find. It was a ton of fun, and we ended it with eating McDs (come on it's my second time, I've been good!) :)

Afterwards we headed to TESCO to do a little shopping. I needed some fresh foods (yeah I am sick of a starch and meat diet) and bought apples, oranges, and salad. I also bought chicken so I could fry it and use it in salads and on spagehetti. I also bought some Easter Postcards (so look out for some in the mail!) I hope they make it there in time, they might be a bit late. Anyways, Easter is celebrated for a week afterwards here, so you'll just have to pretend you are Czech ;) After fighting throught the grocery part of TESCO (Varie left because she didn't want to deal with it, I just decided I shouldn't fret about it) Laura and I headed back to the koleji. Thank goodness that we didn't get checked again for our transit passes, I dont' think I could have dug for it and hold all my bags. We already got checked a few times today! Man I dislike the tourist season, just another reason not to like it, but I guess I do love the lovely weather, so it's a hate love relationship.

After putting all my groceries away, I decided to make an early dinner, since I was going to attempt to attend the whole three hours of figure drawing! I know it seems long (and it was) but I lasted through it all. Here are the drawings from tonight:




I'm not for sure why the second one is the color it is, I tried three times to get a picture of it. The weird thing is, they are all the same type of paper! Well time to head to bed, I need to get up in the morning and work on some lovely studio homework, as well as sketches for Art in Architecture before my Sculpture class. Ahoj!

No comments: