Thursday, April 13, 2006

Holy Thursday Mass

Well I attended Holy Thursday Mass at St. Thomas this evening. It has to be the longest service on Holy Thursday that I have been to. I enjoyed all the different little traditions the church has. I enjoyed how after the gloria they don't use anymore music (is this the same back home?), how they used clicker-clackers (wooden boardes with little hammer on it, inplace of the normal bells) during the Eurcharist, and how the church filled with incense (everything had incense involved, more then back at home). It was a small group tonight, almost half was comprised of French, since our neighbors in the French Church doesn't have service today (as well as tomorrow). I had the pleasure of meeting a French girl, who is a friend of Alex (an American from my school who studies Engineering). She turns out to be in many of my art classes (I thought she looked really familar!). It is quite nice to still meet new people here, I seem to be doing it all the time. I will be attending stations of the cross tomorrow night, followed by Good Friday Mass. I'll be probably working on studio tomorrow, so I can have the weekend to hang out with Vanessa and her friend Gunnar. I think I'm going to chill tonight and watch some movies. Ahoj!

PS-I finally added a bit of history for Karlstejn Castle that I visited about two weeks ago. To see it just click on March 2006 on the sidebar and it will be the first post on the page.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mandy,

I got my postcard from you today. Thanks so much! I feel bad that I didn't send you a card. It just seems that lately I have met myself coming and going.

Your pictures are all so beautiful. You are one very lucky girl to get to see so much and spend time there. I am sure that you are a little homesick, but before you know it you will be back and it will be like a dream. You also looked very pretty in your "dressy" dress!

Hope you have a wonderful and blessed Easter! Talk to you again soon.

Love,
Nan