Saturday, April 29, 2006

Glancing Back

Well let's recap this week a bit (beware this might be a bit boring), since I haven't done a blog in a while. Like I said on Tuesday, I had been working on homework for a couple days straight to try to get to a point I thought I should be. We did go out for yummy gelato (which was amazing, I had neopolitan, stawberry, chocolate, and vanilla!) and we hung out in Wenceslas Square eating our icecream enjoying the evening turning to dusk. Then someone got the bright idea to head to New Yorker (a department store) and I ended up buying a pair of flipflops (didn't think to bring any, but we really didn't have any to out in the stores come to think of it).

Wenceslas Square at dusk.

On Wednesday I spent the morning working on homework, and went to my sculpture class. I had a pretty big surprise during class, I found out that we aren't doing any more projects. That this project we are working on is going to be it for the rest of the semester (for six more weeks!)...

Sculpture for today.

Close up.

...After class, I decided since it was really nice out the morning, I would grab my color pencils and sketchbook (put on something summery to get some sunrays) and head out to the garden I found a week earlier. Unfortunantly on the tram ride there, it strarted to get darker and gray. I arrived at the garden and it was pretty much a gray overcast, well that's ok, I can still sketch I thought. Nope, I was wrong. No sooner did I start a sketch it started sprinkling. I packed my stuff up in a jiffy and it started a downpour. I ran to the portico (porch with columns) in the garden to take some shelter for a bit. Once the rain let up a bit I made a dash to the tram stop to wait for my tram...

I was sketching this view.

The portico I hid in during the downpour.

...I got back home and spend most of the evening on homework and did a little shopping for food at TESCO since I was running a tad low.

On Thursday, I woke up feeling pretty ill. I don't know why, but my head hurt, my body ached, my throat was sore, and my glands in my neck were swollen. So, even after all my hard work for preparations for my classes on Thursday, I ended up not going. I didn't do much that day, it didn't help all day that it was overcast and gray out, it just made me feel more rotten. I went to the neighborhood supermarket and bought ingredients for homemade chicken noodle soup, and made that for a really late lunch. It was delicous! I'm glad I made it (even though my noodles were more drops then real noodles, due to no rolling pin). I went to take a nap in the afternoon, and got woken up by my roomie and her boyfriend. The evening I spent doing not much, just trying to relax and well just nothing I guess.

On Friday, I felt a bit better when I got up. I think I was just tired from being sick. That tends to happen to me when I've been sick. I didn't do much either that day (luckily I have a four day weekend so I'll get stuff done, even if I don't do it that day). When my roomie got home that evening she asked me if I was going to go to Lucerna with them tongiht, and since I have been cooped up all day for the past two days, I decided I'd give it a go. I'm glad I went, it seemed to perk me up a bit. We ended up catching the 3:18 tram home, so that makes up getting back here and to bed around 4:00, I was pretty knackered.

Well today I slept in fairly late, since the late night last night, and I didn't really do much so far. I have had a fairly slow start, but I'm hoping to get some work done today, as well as tomorrow and Monday. Well I should get to work if I'm going to accomplish anything. Ahoj!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mandy,

Sorry to hear you weren't feeling well... I have been fighting the same thing... stuffy head, popping ears and yucky...

I will say a prayer for you to get better. I am feeling a little better today... and that is good since we are converting and "Going Live" on our new system here in Los Angeles starting tomorrow (Sunday).

Love you,

Dad

Anonymous said...

Mandy,

Cheers for letting me use that picture as the basis of my stuff. It was exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks,
G.

P.S. Don't put up with Varie's crap, if she gives you any.