Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Wild Wednesdays

Today on my way to Sculpture Class I noticed this amazing view of the Architecture Building, and snagged some shots for my Photography Class...

Architecture Building

Well today we started a new project in sculpture, still lifes. We started with getting these wooden boards and making about a 2cm layer of clay across the top of it. After that we had to smooth it out to be flat, or as our teacher said no mountains (it was hard to hold back the laughter). While we did this our teacher took random objects: beer bottles, clothe, wooden mallet, hammer and arranged them on a stool. We then set up these holders for our clay boards and started to add a table to the bottom and start to form the objects we noticed from our point of view. I mainly got most of the mass forms formed and worked with the depth today, hopefully next week I'll get it smoothed out some and make it look more like art. I some how got clay all over me, not just on my t-shirt (which I planned on getting stuff on it so I wore a shirt I didn't care about), but on my jeans, tennies, and of all places my face (I didn't take a picture of me...sorry)!

Sculpture Teacher aka Professor Snape

My Blank Clay Board

Still Life

Beginings

I ended up leaving earlier from Sculpture today, since I had to get back and get information together to go buy our Train tickets for the trip on Friday. I arranged a trip (we have nine so far who wants to go!) to a castle the town of Karlstejn which is about 33km away by train. It only cost us 46 Kc (about $2) for a trip there, the same for the trip back. The tour will cost us 120 Kc and we get to see a lot of the interior of the castle and go up in the tower. The train tickets were fairly easy to get, and they are open ended so if you miss your train, you can just take the next one. Well I guess I should go for now, I should get ready for the PM Bar, Canada and Mexico is presenting tonight and I heard Charles University is invited as well. Ahoj!

Train Ticket for Four

No comments: