Sunday, March 12, 2006

Snowing Again in Praha

Ok so I love snow right, I'm a winter child (born in January, most likely on a snowy day), but this is way to extreme! It has snowed non-stop since midnight last night, so after 13 hours of snow, we have close to a foot (plus all the snow from last week melted on Friday, so it's all a fresh snow)! It's not going to probably stop too much when they are calling for it to snow all day today, as well as tomorrow. It looks like I won't be doing too much sketching today! I did go to church this morning, since I found out Thursday night that a Tram runs from the koleji to the church (both stops only a little over a block for each), it would be much better to ride the Tram to and from church :) So I hopped on Tram 20 this morning and it took me only 15 min to get to church, and it was quicker on the return trip! So I'll probably be taking the Tram more often then riding the Metro. I did unfortunantly thought it was wise to jump over a mound of snow on my crossing of the street towards the Tram stop, and ended up slipping and falling and getting covered in snow! :(

A View of the Snow Outside my Window

Snow Pilled High

Picture Taken from the Tram of the Snow

Well this weekend there was a visiting choir from Connecticut that sang today at church. They were beautiful! It was nice to have a full choir sing, they have a pretty decent choir, but this one filled the church with beautiful music. The priest of the church as well, chanted the Gospel. I have never heard the Gospel of the Lord chanted before, but it was amazing and very moving. There is a mass at 1230 next Sunday for St. Patrick. I guess there is a large Irish community in Prague, and they always request it each year, and there is a traditional laying of flowers at the "Irish Altar" at the back of the church at the end of mass. I'll probably attend that mass, since I am Irish :)

Visiting Choir from Connecticut

I did get to have Subway for the first time in Praha, a guy from K-State, Alex, was also here this weekend (he didn't go skiing as well) and he's eaten there every Sunday after church, so I went with him. For a foot long and a meal I spend about 150 Kc, which isn't bad b/c I can make a two meals out of the sandwich. I might be doing that each weekend here on out (sick less then par Menza food on weekends). We ended up walking down towards Church of St. Nicholas, which is said to be the most beautiful church in the Czech Republic. I'll have to go back there to see the interior, but at least I found out the times it is open and how much it is to visit. When we started to leave the church, we noticed that there happens to be a beautiful view of Hradcansy (Praha Castle) and St. Vitus Cathedral, so we ended up taking some pictures in the snow of the beautiful view (and took turns taking pictures of each other in front of it). Well I probably should work on some homework today, and maybe go do some laundry later at Laundry King (if the snow lets up some). Ahoj!

Me in the Snow with the Beautiful View of Hradcansy

No comments: