Saturday, March 11, 2006

Exploring Praha

Well today Lenny (my flatmate from Holland) and I went out to explore Praha a little after lunch. We started with going to the Prague City History Museum, which was a little interesting in Architecture, but more so in artifacts and old paintings of the town. It also had a huge model of the city of Praha that was done 100 years ago! After exploring the museum for a couple of hours, we decided to brave the rainy weather and walk towards old town, then on to where we were going to eat dinner.

Muzeum Hlavniho Mesta Prahy (roughly Prague City History Museum)

Model of Praha (100 years ago)

Creepy Clock

We ended up being cold in the drizzle after a while, so we stopped by at a little pub, Kavarna Merkur, and had Hot Wine and chips and salsa (the salsa was interesting since it was warm in temperature and had cheese on top of it). After finished there we bundled up and headed towards old town. We didn't walk around much since it was cold, so we decided to head to a little shop I heard of that sells foreign foods (including American). So we walked down towards it and found it. The store is called Culinaria, and it had jelly beans, reese pieces, pop tarts, and pancake mix (which I bought b/c I miss it, wish they had mac and cheese I miss that a lot!). We then headed towards Klub Architektu, which I heard about from someone who studied in Praha last year. It had an Architectural Bookstore on the First Floor, a display of a project that is being done in Praha upstairs, and a resturance in the cellar. It was really good food! I had pork steak in a yummy sauce and real mash potatoes. For a drink, I had my first Czech beer, Pilsner Urquell. And this meal costing me under $10 would almost be double in the US. We then had a little adventure trying to find our way back to the Metro to head home. So over all I had a great day exploring Praha with Lenny and I am ready for PJs, a movie, and then my nice warm and cozy bed.

Kavarna Merkur

Klub Architektu

I do want to send a Happy Birthday message to my Aunt Gina! I hope you had a great day! Happy Birthday and as the Czechs say "Vsechno Nejlepsi k Narozeninam!" (which means: "The best for your birthday!")

PS- I want to thank everyone who's been commenting on my adventures in Praha, it's been nice to read them! I put a counter up yesterday so I can see how many people actually visit my site and check up on my adventures in Praha, and it's nice to see a lot of people vist my blog :) Thank you all! Ahoj!

***Unfortunantly, everytime I update my blog, and see if it looks right it adds one to my counter, but atleast I know roughly how many visits my blog.

No comments: