Friday, March 10, 2006

Metropole Mall

Metropole Mall at Zlicin

Well I made it to the end of the yellow line (Zlicin) and back today. It was fun going and just window shopping at the mall. It makes me feel almost like I am home, since malls is a worldwide thing. After an hour of browsing I decided to head to my favorite little grocery store in the mall called, Interspar. It is a Dillons/Kroger like store with mostly food and a few household items. I like it since it has a few American items, such as peanut butter, lil smokies, BBQ Sauce, and so on. It is where we bought the food for the USA Presentation this last week. I even found an item that was made by Kroger! I felt even more at home, although I didn't buy it, it was nice to see. I heard of a place where I can actually find some real American foods like Mac and Cheese, I'll hopefully make a trip soon to it. It is called Culinaria and it's actually a block from where I found an Art/Architecture Supply Store on Tuesday! So, I got some food and snack stuff to last me the next week and headed home. I don't like the fact that it takes 30 min by metro to get there, but it was well worth the trip in the end. I heard there is a IKEA nearby, so next time I'll have to figure out what Tram to take and go do some window shopping there! (For those who don't know what IKEA is it's Scandinavian Store. Check out this comercial I have loved for a long time from IKEA: IKEA Lamp Commercial) Ahoj!

Interior Shot of Metropole Mall

No comments: