Tuesday, March 14, 2006

The King

I found "The King!" no, not Elvis Presley (that one is for Nan and Grandma :) ), Laundry King. It is the most fantastic place in the world (I am not joking). I loaded up my smallest suitcase and my mesh bookbag, and headed out the Laundry King at a quarter till 11am. When I finally arrived, I was greeted with a Dobry Den (he noticed I wasn't Czech as I hesitated, I thought "oh boy if he doesn't speak English this will be an adventure"), and then asked me (in English) what I needed today. The owner (who is American and has been in Prague for 16 years, Laundry King has been opened since 1991) is who greeted me and I told him what I needed to do today. He took me back to the washers and dryers and help me get started with my laundry. Not only do I get to wash my clothes all at once, I get to dry my clothes as well (in under an hour)! Although it may cost me twice as much, then it does at home to do two loads of laundry, it is well worth it. I can wash my clothes for 80 Kc (6kg load) and dry my clothes for 40 Kc/8 min (14 kg). So overall I get my clothes clean for 280 Kc, so roughly $11.62. It's still not bad for very clean clothes that are soft and fluffy :) . So the Laundry King owner showed me how to use all the machines, including a machine that is dubbed "the spinner" (some sort of chemistry like machine is what the guy that runs Laundry King) that spins most of the water out of your clothes, so it takes less time to dry. So I think once it's get warmer outside, I'll just let my clothes airdry in my room with the windows open, to save the extra cash.

Now this looks slightly familar :)

"The Spinner"

Ah...Nice Fluffy Clothes

Laundry King also has a TV that you can watch three English news stations, and has internet service (for a fee) to pass the time away. It looks like they aren't too busy on Tuesdays, since there was no que (for those who don't speak UK that's line), so it looks like Tuesday mornings are my laundry days. Next time I'll have to get up a little earlier and go in, so I can have part of the day to do other things. So I may have not found "The King," but I found the next best thing :) . Time for some lunch! Ahoj!

No comments: