Friday, March 17, 2006

"May the luck of the Irish be always at hand...

...and good friends always near you."

Being about a quarter Irish, I always celebrate St Patrick's Day with pride (come on I'm a Sullivan!) Well I get to spend one of my favorite holidays here in the Czech Republic. I don't think the Czechs celebrate it too much here, at least not like back at home. I was fortunate to find an Irish Pub, Molly Malone's, to go to for some delicious Fish and Chips (yummy!) and of course an Irish Beer! I have gotten a group of friends together to go (thus the quote in the heading, which is from Irish Blessing), and it should be lots of fun!

Varie (Scottish) and James (Scottish)
Don't know why James is making that face

Lenny's (Dutch) first experience of St. Patrick's Day

Ben (English) and Iain (Scottish)

Abby (American), Laura (American), and Liz (American)

Laura (English), Ben (English), and Kate (English)

Me and Kate (English)

Laura (English), James (Scottish), and Varie (Scottish)
James happen to stumble across that hat!

Me and Guinness

Good Irish Beer...Guinness

So we made it to Molly Malone's (it happens to be a chain of these in the UK), very hungry. Unfortuantly all the tables were full, and it was basically, once one opens up grab it. So we all went up to the bar and order Guinness and then waited for a table. It was so nice to hear English conversations all around me, it has to the be first time in a long time for that to be true. There was one random Czech table nearby, but that was it. After about 40 minutes or more we finally got one table. Now for eleven of us, that is not enough. Well the three American girls decided to leave and go have dinner somewhere else, so the rest of us just sat or stood around the table and ordered food. Then this nice couple let three of our group sit with them that was next to us, so they had a place to sit. It was delicious food! I had Fish and Chips! Yummy! So after two Guinnesses and my fish and chips, I was definiely full! It was definitely a well spent night, living it the Irish way!

No comments: