Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Visit from K-State Professor

Today I ended up sleeping in. I don't do it often, but it is nice to do once in a while. I then headed into town to eat a quick lunch and go to Andel to the grocery store to get some food. I then headed back (hobbling the whole way, did I mention I had a little spill at Vysehrad and the side of my foot has been hurting since yesterday morning?). A professor from K-State, who is teaching in the Italian Program is here checking up on us on behalf of the Department of Architecture. He came yesterday and we showed him around campus and some of our studios. We then had dinner at the pub across the street. Today he was going to join us for our Figure Drawing class and then go out to dinner with us. Figure Drawing I found out, aren't always standing poses, she sits for a while and then lays down for a while. So next week, Annie, Allison and I decided to eat Menza then head to the class after six for different poses. So class went well, as always. We did one more pose this week, which I enjoyed. Drawing from the backside, is totally different from the front.

Figure Drawing

So, after class we headed back to the Koleji and Professor Bowne used my computer for a bit before everyone met up to head to dinner. We went to a place on Old Town Square (this wasn't a good idea, it's always more expensive in the tourist areas), but atleast it was really good food. Plus it's the cheapest I paid for half a liter of beer, 17 Kc, which is less then a dollar! We had a nice dinner and our teacher mentioned we should go to Adolf Loos building, Villa Muller, that is like a 10-15 minute walk from our Koleji (I knew about it, James has went there and said it's great!). So after dinner we bid our teacher farewell and headed home for the night. Since my foot is hurting and I'm just a limping away, I decided not to go out tonight. I can't dance anyways, but I hear Face2Face is at the Radost, which is the club we went to on Friday and was a decent place. Oh well, there is always next time (anyways I want to enjoy tomorrow's night presentation!). Ahoj!

No comments: