Monday, March 27, 2006

Spring is Just Around the Corner

Well today has been a beautiful day! I got up and checked the weather (it was a little cloudy and looked like it rained some earlier) and it was 15 degrees C outside (for all those in the US that's 59 degrees F!). And it still got better, the clouds cleared up, we had a light cool breeze, and the temperture got up to 21 degrees C (that's 69.8 degrees F)!

So I went with some friends down the ways to check out an international foods store they heard about, and I found what I've been looking around for a while, brown sugar! I can't find it anywhere, but now all I need is some maple flavoring and my roomie and I will be eating French Toast (or Eggy Toast as Varie calls it) and homemade maple syrup! :) Well after my great find I headed to pick up some fresh veggies and fruit at a local grocery store and headed back to the dorm. I should spend the day outside, but I had some work to work on, so I sat in my room with the windows wide open and in the lovely sunshine. The weather can just keep this up I wouldn't say anything about it, but I hear it's supposed to rain most of the week, but that is just even more of a sign that spring is just around the corner!

Well I am presently waiting for my turn to enroll into my last fall semester at KSU, I can at 18:00 (6:00pm) here, which is 10:00 back at home (there is an 8 hr difference this week because of daylight savings time is earlier here then in the US). I am still debating whether or not to go to Grad School, I want to be able to teach one day, and to do that I need my Masters. I just know that once I stop going to school, I will get a career and later get married and so on, and probably won't go back. So who knows if it is my last, but for now we'll say it is. Well it's about that time, I hope the weather is just as lovely back home! Ahoj!

No comments: