Friday, March 10, 2006

Week's End

Well this week has been pretty busy. I finally officially got signed up for classes. I am taking five art classes (probably worth 3 credits each back at home, for my PSE) and studio (which is worth 5 credits), plus I get 6 study abroad credits as well. So when I come home, I'll have 27 credit hours to this semester! :) It's not too bad, most of the work in my art classes will be in class work.

Wednesday we had the USA Presentation. I helped with the food :) We made smores, puppy chow, lil smokies, grilled cheese, and peanut butter and jelly. To think these foods are not commonly eaten in other countries kinda blows my mind. It was absolutely delicous! Everyone loved the food! The grilled cheese went really fast, and the lil smokies was a big hit as well. I took some pics of the food, as well as the making process of Jungle Juice and Jello Shots.

Last night a couple of girls and I went to go see a movie at Novy Smichov Mall's theatre. We went and watched Brokeback Mountain (Zkrocena Hora), a very controversial film in the United States. It was an interesting film and very realistic. It was interesting to hear the other two girls opinion on the film! It was also interesting to watch an English film with Czech Subtitles, and it seemed that I was laughing more then the Czech were at funny points...I guess that is cultural differences showing there!

Well I have to get around today, I've been fairly lazy and slept in. I'm going shopping at a huge mall that's on the outskirts of town. Tomorrow I have plans to go to some Museums with Lenny, and on Sunday I think a little laundry at Laundry King will end the weekend just right. Ahoj!

Laura and Chris Pouring the Jungle Juice

Jello Shots as an Award to Knowing Facts about USA

Alex and Luke Cooking

Yummy...Puppy Chow (we ended up using different cereal
that made it really sweet, little chocolate bits!)

Campfire Smores (with strawberry flavored Marshmellows and
butter crackers, since grahm crackers were scarce)

***They were fairly yummy, but never a
replacement for real Campfire Smores

No comments: