Friday, March 10, 2006

Funny Story

Caution: Man Digging! = No Water in the Koleji!

Ok so, I just realized I did not mention at all my funny story about Thursday. I had plan (and did go) to take pictures of my site for studio. Well I got up in the morning and found out that snow dumped on us again during the night, and it was still spitting snow outside. So I grabbed my shower stuff and trugged to the shower room to take a quick shower. It's always nice to wake up with a nice hot shower, well I go to turn on the water and guess what!?! There is no water! So I trug back to my room and dump my shower stuff on my bed, I grab my small package of baby wipes (in an attempt to feel a little clean) and a change of clothes. I threw up my hair into a little bunch (with my haircut I barely can put my hair up...opps!) I then grab my jacket, scarf, and gloves and head out towards my site.

Koleji Sweet Koleji in the Snow

I get to my site and even in it's extremely slushy conditions, there are tourist everywhere! (I consider myself a non-tourist since I am living in the city and attending school here.) So I take my 75 pics of the site and the surrounding cityscape and since it's very wet conditions leave without doing any sketches :( .

The Site: Small Park

The Site: Small Shops Around the Edge of my Site

Existing Connection

My Connection

Reflections (Too Bad my "Building" Would
Destroy this Beautiful Reflection)

I was soaked from mid calf down and my shoes were soaked as well by the time I got back to the Koleji (Dormitory). Luckily the water was back on, so after the morning of trudging in the slush and being soaked and cold, I got my hot shower. I then headed to my first class of the day (Art in Architecture) in the Architecture Building. As I walked I noticed a sign (I still haven't gotten use to the signs here, but they sure are funny), this one was depicting construction worker digging (proabably why the water was turned off in my Koleji). It made the frustration of this morning disappear as I chuckled at the sign. Well I guess that's one funny story for the books. Ahoj!

Architecture Skyscraper: Where I have all my classes. Umm...well except for studio (guess I have to take a picture of that one). Luckily there is an elevator, all my classes are on the top floor!

No comments: