Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Orientation Week - Day 02

Well today has been pretty productive. I got informed about what classes are available and when I can attend them starting next week. I then have until March 10th to try classes out and decide what I want to take. Unfortunately I have 21 studios to choose from, which is a lot, normally I have only 6. I then ate my first lunch at the Blue Menza with a girl I met yesterday from Holland; her name is Lenny and is really nice. We bumped into each other on our way to p.m. when we both were looking at a church we went by, since we both are Architecture students. After we had lunch I headed back to the koleji to look through and decide on what classes I want to attend and try out. After I got that all figured out I went and ate dinner with Varie downstairs, the food was really good!

After dinner we had our second informational meeting for orientation week. After discussing koleji rules and language courses, they talked about the trips for the week and another coming up a weekend after next. I signed up for the Karlovy Vary trip on Wednesday, Kutna Hora trip on Saturday, and a Ski trip next Friday (which is the whole week). Yes, you read right, me, the klutz of the universe is going to attempt to ski. It won't be too bad since my roomie has never skied either; anyways not everyone can say they went skiing in Europe. Karlovy Vary cost me 200 Kc and includes transportation, tour of the spas and springs of the town and famous liquor, Becherovka, tour. Kutna Hora (and yes it's the same one I did a trip to for my class) cost me 150 Kc and includes tours of a couple churches, a Silver Mine and Italian Court, and an Ossuary Chapel of All Saints. Skiing to Krkonose cost me 1100 Kc, but pays for transportation, lodging, breakfast and dinner each day. The only thing I'll have to pay for is ski rental, lunch, and probably some ski pants. Overall my trips don't cost me too much 1450 Kc, which is $61.00, which is a really great deal for five days of fun and traveling. Well I am exhausted, even at this hour and I have to get up early for the trip tomorrow. I think I might watch a movie and get to bed after a while. Look for posts on my Karlovy Vary trip tomorrow! Ahoj!

No comments: