Thursday, February 16, 2006

Arrival in Praha

Flat Common Area

My Bed in Bedroom

My Roomie and My Desk

Well I finally made it to Praha. I arrived last night at 7:30pm and I was exhausted, traveling really takes it out of you. I spent the day doing a little shopping and got my Metro pass for the next three months. I really wish that I brought my camera today, I thought we were just going to go and get stuff done and see stuff later, but we ended up going to a couple of squares. Everything is so old here, I can't believe it. Last year they celebrated 1000 yrs of Architecture in Praha. It's so exciting, I ate my frist two Czech meals. I had a beef steak with noodles for lunch and a kind of gulash for dinner (it's not the kind I read about in my cookbook, but still good).

So, my roommate moved in today. She is really nice her name is Varie Anderson and she is from Scotland, so atleast she speaks English, just a different dialect. So far two Russians and a Spainaird lives in my flat, we are still waiting for a 6th flatmate. I will post a picture as soon as I take some, well I guess I can take a picture of my room, but hopefully snag one of my roomie and me. Well after all that walking today, I am ready for bed, I would have gone to a pub, but I didn't know how long it would take to get my internet set up, it wasn't wanting to work with us. In the end we overcame that. Ahoj!

No comments: