Saturday, February 11, 2006

Four Days until the Big Bon Voyage...











Czech Flag


Ok...so four days I'll be flying over the little puddle towards Dublin, Ireland (after my short flight from KCI to Chicago). There I will be spending eight hours, before my final 2 hour flight to Prague. I'm a little nervous, a little sad, but I be ok, especially since I'm starting to get excited. I decided to start this blog to let my friends and family keep track of me and what I am doing while I am overseas for 4.5 months. I am hoping I can let this serve as a journal and photo album of my exciting (well hopefully...it is Europe so it could be) adventure, while of course studying in the lovely city of Prague, or Praha, is what we should be calling it. I will be studying at CTU (Czech Technical University) and all my classes will be in English, unless I want to take scuplture or figure drawing. Here is some information for all my friends and family about the place I'll be calling home in a few days...

Czech Republic Location: In the center of Europe
Borders with Countries: Germany (W), Austria (S), Slovakia (E), Poland (N)
Area of Czech Republic: 78 866 square km (roughly 30 450 square mi)
Population of Country: 10.28 million inhabitants
Prague Location: In the center of Czech Republic, at 50°05"N and 14°27"E
Area of Prague: 469 square km (roughly 192 square mi)
Population of Prague: 1.21 million inhabitants
Language: Czech
Currency: Czech crown - czech symbol "Kc", internation symbol "CZK" Conversion of 1 USD ~ 23.72459 CZK (as of 02/09/06)
Time Zone: Central European Time Zone- GMT+1, in summer- GMT+2 7hr time difference from CST, so 12am CST is 7am GMT
Elevation of Prague: 180 - 400 m above sea level
Climate: Mild Continental Climate
Traffic in Prague: Metro, Tram, Bus, Taxi, Car
Electric Voltage: Voltage 230 V - 50/60 Hz

So as I said this is what I'll be calling home in just a few days. I hope this little bit of information will let you know what is in store fore me, and I'll probably be seeing most of you on Saturday 02/11/06 for the Bon Voyage Party...

No comments: